Our Articles of Faith
What we believe of the Scriptures:
We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men who were supernaturally inspired; that it has truth without any mixture of error for its matter; and therefore is, and shall remain to the end of the age, the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man; the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions should be tried.
- A. He is the creator of all things.
- B. He is absolute deity, personality and trinity as the Father, Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
Section 2: We believe in the reality of evil:
- A. That the Devil, Satan, is a real personality.
- B. That he promotes evil control through evil spirits and demons.
- C. That all who are not in Christ are children of the Devil, as Jesus said.
Section 3: We believe in the Scriptures:
- A. That they are verbally inspired by God.
- B. That they are the basis of our faith and contain all things necessary to our salvation.
- C. They are complete and entire as written.
Section 4: We believe in Salvation:
- A. That the human race is fallen into sin and naturally depraved.
- B. That Jesus Christ alone can save anyone. Having made substitutionary atonement and shed *his blood for the propitiation of sin.
- C. That full salvation is by grace through faith alone, and not of works.
- D. That water baptism by immersion should follow initial salvation beginning at the age of accountability as a symbol of faith and cleansing.
Section 5: We believe in Spiritual Disciplines:
- A. That giving of tithes and offerings is God's financial Plan.
- B. That restitution, wherever possible, should be made for wrongs.
- C. That good works and holy living should be maintained.
- D. That believers should live a victorious life over sin, self and bad habits.
- E. That continual Bible Study and an incessant prayer life should be followed by all.
- F. That all should seek Christian perfection and holiness through absolute surrender and consecration.
- G. That all Christians should be modest in the manner of dress.
- H. That the Lord's Day should be kept not as a matter of law but of privilege.
- I. That recreation should be viewed as a matter of liberty, of conscience and Godly example to the world.
Section 6: We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit:
- A. That every believer can receive this baptism by Christ.
- B. That ever believer can receive his spiritual language.
- C. That the gifts of the Holy Spirit shall be operative in every believer so baptized.
Section 7: We believe in the Church:
- A. That it is composed of all blood-washed believers worldwide.
- B. That it is concerned for the evangelism of all peoples and nations.
- C. That there shall be tolerance to all Christian denominations.
- D. That the Lord's Table shall be open to all:
Section 8: We believe in Christian Marriage:
- A. That it is based upon the marriage of Christ and his Church.
- B. We believe that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in covenant commitment for a life time and a sacred institution established by God (Gen.2:24).
- C. We believe that sexual purity is a necessity expression for all of God's children and requires abstinence from adultery, fornication, incest, homosexuality, or other sexual relationships or practices forbidden by Scripture (Heb.13:4,5, I Cor.6:18, Lev.18:1-30).
- D. That Cornerstone Full Gospel Church in obedience to the ordinances of God cannot conduct marriage unions between individuals who are not in good standing, submitted to our statement of faith nor have completed our proscribed pre-marriage counseling.